Friday, June 3, 2016

Making the Most of Little Time

It's 11:45pm and I'm lying in bed with an all too familiar feeling of sadness. I just got back from dropping Will off at the boat to begin Deployment number 2...womp womp.  Driving away from him once again as he walked to the Ronald Reagan was tough but I have decided to take a page out of my sweet husbands book and try to make this post a positive one. With a few unexpected extra weeks together, Will and I have stayed busy exploring Japan and making the most of what little time we did have together. 

In the military you meet people constantly. We have been so blessed with the friends we have made out here in Japan, especially those certain ones who instantly feel like family. Sadly with 3 year orders, its only natural that your friends start rotating out of Japan and headed to their next duty station. After Will got home from training in Nevada it felt like we were having a lot of "goodbye" dinners with some of our favorites. As bittersweet as they were, we know our paths will cross again at some point whenever and wherever that may be! 





The last weekend in April we had Friendship Festival. This is when the base opens up for all the Japanese locals to come enjoy the day and activities. The flight line has every aircraft parked in a row so they can see them and take pictures, along with squadron tents where everyone was selling items. It is always so fun watching how excited everyone is to be there and how much money they spend on merchandise! It was an exhausting day but well worth it! 






Always find me with the babies

My english students came!

After we heard the boat wasn't going to be pulling out on time we were SO excited. Not knowing when it was going to actually leave, we packed every weekend with whatever we could so we wasted no time together. This included a trip to Mount Fuji for the Shibazakura festival, a weekend in Tokyo, a day at Disney Sea, and a trip to Shimoda Beach. 













Picture of a Picture...jumping with Japanese girls


Soba noodles with fresh wasabi 
City of Shimoda from the gondola 







I could not be more thankful for the extra time we got together. Being away from Will is one of the biggest challenges I have, and will ever have to face. He has a heart of gold and to say I'm proud to be his wife is an understatement. I know he gets to do what he loves everyday flying jets, but he also sacrifices a lot and never complains. It would be so easy for me to be negative right now but being able to write this post and relive our past month together is just what I needed. 

Please pray for everyone on the Ronald Reagan and all the families who stay behind to wait for their loved ones! 

I am excited to see what this summer has in store and the places my girl friends and I will visit. Visitors always welcome...seriously...anytime. 

Love you all! 

Caroline 

1 comment:

  1. I'm on my way!!!! Just kidding... But seriously I wish I could visit! :(

    ReplyDelete